I hope you’re all doing great! I am back with a very nice recipe that did not happened on purpose. true story! I had little packs of applesauce laying in the fridge since a long time and it was about time I used them. So I scrowled the internet for a nice cookie recipe with applesauce. I remembered about a recipe using applesauce on chocolate covered katies blog, so that’s where I went looking and I found this recipe . By the way if you look dessert, chocolate and healthyness it is THE blog to check out folks.
So here I am trying this recipe out, but not having all of the ingredients. In fact I had only two, the applesauce and the almond butter. I had oats on hand but not the “old fashioned” way rolled oats. An old box of muesli was looking at me at the back of my cupboard so I decided to give it a try. I tried and well, SUCESS! The recipe turned out soo good! It was actually so good that I decided to test them out on the people working in my hospital ward.
It was very funny, I told people the cookies involved muesli and let them guess the other ingredients. I told them they were “ healthy” cookies and that they did not involve butter nor sugar. At first people looked at me weird: “cookies without butter and sugar , that must taste weird^^”. A lot of them found the almond flavor in them, asking me if I used almond powder ( classicaly used in some french typical pastry : macaroons and madeleines). They then asked how I made the almond butter, it was pretty hilarious. People really thought almond butter would look just like normal butter^^. Anyway, no one guessed the applesauce. And everyone found the cookies very good.
I told you, those cookies are healthy, crispy and gooey in the inside (yay applesauce+almond butter) ! You really need to try them out.
Healthy muesli cookies
By June 19, 2014Published:
- Yield: 15 small cookies Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
A perfect breakfast cookie with a gooey inside and a crunchy outside
- 100-150 G Muësli you can use any muësli brand , in cups this would be one cup
- 200 G applesauce two little dessert sized containers
- 1 tablespoon almond butter when I made the recipe I used two heaped dessert spoons
- 100 G chocolate chips this is optional, but adds great taste 🙂
- Mix all the ingredients together starting with Müesli, then applesauce, then almond butter and finally the chocolate chips if you decide to go with them.
- Preheat your oven at 190°C ( 375° F) and once your oven is warm bake the cookies for 15 min or until golden brown.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them rest for 15min before trying to taste ! Try them, and fall in love with them!