How are you all doing today? I hope you all survived through my very wordy post from Thursday. Today I want to share my recipe of the apple pie which is the simpliest recipe I will probably ever share ^^. But because some people requested it, and because we all love simple recipes I will satisfy this request.
Before heading to the oh so simple and amazing recipe, let’s chat a bit about my random life. Today, it snowed on Paris. Ok , it lasted about 1 hour and nothing stayed on the ground but it made me happy like a 4 year old girl. And after that I randomly searched for races to run because after all, I said I would run at least 2 races this year.
I really want to try a color run, because well, it’s just for fun. But i think it is maybe a little expensive? Plus, it’s not really a race but more of an experience, I think. Do some of you guys have already done a color run ? What did you think of it ? Is it worth it ?
And the second race I am thinking of, is “ La Parisienne” it is a really huge race only for women held in Paris every year. But it is massive , there are like 35000 runners and I am thinking that this may be a little too much people for me.
Anyway, I would love to find a race that is somewhere in between. Well organised, not too far from where I live, nice scenery and not too expensive. Maybe I am dreaming, aren’t I ?
But now let’s get back to our beloved apple pie! It’s a dessert that is made with very little preparation.and you can easily make a pie in less than 10 minutes. And you’ll only need 2 to 3 apples ! So if friends are coming over,this is a perfect recipe for an improptu tea time! !
Simple french apple pie
By February 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Hey guys! How are you all doing today? I hope you all survived through my very wordy post from Thursday. Today I want to …
- 1 puff pastry dough you can make one on your own, or I would recommend buying a puff pastry pie dough ( for a round baking pan)
- 2-3 apples variety: canada, boskoop, golden. Organic if possible ( but please not the bright red ones... you will end up having a pink apple pie^^)
- 1/4 cup applesauce 1 little jar, or enough to cover the dough
- 1 tbsp almond butter this is optional
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp butter
- Preheat your oven at 200° c ( 400 F)
- Take a 11 inch pan, roll out the dough in a round baking pan
- spread the apple dough on the dough and add a tbsp of almond butter to the mix (spread it well with the applesauce)
- peel the apples and slice them in thin slices. Arrange the slices on the pie in a pinwheel shape. Be sure too arrange the slices very tightly.
- Add a little sugar, a teaspoon of cinnamon, a little bit of butter and put in the oven
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown. Enjoy !