This week has been, well a week full of treats I made for colleagues and friends ! On the other side I tried to maintain healthy dishes in the mix and this week was all about the lettuce wraps. And because I loved my wraps and I know you will to I included the recipe at the end of my WIAW post.
Starting with treats
Yogurt and chocolat chips cake ( recipe coming soon)
On the healthier side:
Zucchini lettuce wraps
Tomatoe and goat cheese salad with an omelet on the side
Cheese and wine dinner !!!
As you can see, eating was good this week :). I really enjoyed my meals. Lastly, I made a lot of lettuce wraps with everything that I can find in the fridge, really. The zucchini wraps were made with a leftover baked zucchini and grounded beef, but you could totally omit the beef for a vegetarian option. I made lettuce wraps before, but those tasted so good that I wrote down the recipe so I could share it with you guys!!
And just to make things better, I sprinkled the wraps with shredded cheese and spicy shiracha. A healthy, heavenly dish made easy with leftovers!
Here comes the recipe for those of you who want to try it out 🙂
- 300g ground beef (1/2lb)
- 2 zucchinis
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- (optional) shredded cheese, shiracha
- cut the zucchinis, garlic and onion in very small cubes (it will cook faster), set aside
- cook ground beef in a wok or big skillet with a little olive oil, I like it a bit brown then set aside
- In the same skillet were you cook the beef , sprinkle olive oil, first cook the onions and garlic on low fire until onions and garlic are transparent, when they are add the zucchini, a teaspoon of mustard and a teaspoon of currypowder, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover the zucchini and let cook for approximately 15min or until zucchinis are soft.
- When the zucchinis are cooked mix in the cooked ground beef and stir a bit so that the flavors mix together, you could add coriander or shiracha to make it spicier.
- remove the romaine leaves from the lettuce heads and serve the zucchini/grounded beef mixture in the romaine leaves.
- Drizzle with shiracha and shredded cheese