Since yesterday it’s officially fall ! The temperatures have started to cool ( a little ) on my side. And cooler temperatures means warm dishes!! I wanted to try a new recipe involving a stew-like dish. But I wanted something more exotic . I came across green curry paste at the supermarket and decided to give it a go !
This thai green curry is really easy to prep in a whimp ( 15min prep time ). It is very versatile and can be made with any source of protein you have on hand : shrimp, pork, chicken, tofu. I cheated a little by using a pre-made green curry paste , but I was very pleased with the results. The key is to look up for the ingredients of the curry paste, I bought one with only ingredients I could pronounce. If you can find it in your country, I used the brand ayam, and can only recommend it ( I bought the product with my own money so it’s my very own opinion) !
If you want to make everything from scratch though here is a link for a green curry paste recipe
So how do you make this thai green curry ? I had 20 min to prepare dinner and it was enough. Basically you need to cut the meat in bite size pieces. Then, you cut the veggies, add the coconut milk and let it cook at low temperature for one hour. And , that’s all. Easy peasy. To change things up, I used my favorite veggies : zucchini and eggplant. If you don’t like those, you could easily change the veggies for any other you like , just keep in mind that carrots are long to cook and that they originally have eggplant in it (at least in all the places i tried a green curry).
In the end, you have a creamy, spicy but not too spicy , full of veggies curry. I used my curry for 2 meals ( for 2 people), feel free to adjust the ingredients and make this dish in bulk. I bet it freezes very well. I served my thai green curry with a basmati rice ( cooked in the rice cooker :))
Bon appétit !
- 1 little can of green curry paste 100g ( 3,5oz)
- 1 little can of coconut milk 200ml (6,7oz)
- water to dilute the coconut milk 100ml (3 oz)
- Pork tenderloin, or any other protein of choice 400g ( 1lb)
- 1 big zucchini
- 1 big eggplant
- fresh coriander ,a pinch
- salt and pepper to taste
- coconut oil ( or any other oil)
- cut the meat in bite size pieces
- take a dutch oven ( or any pot where you can make a stew), drizzle with coconut oil and cook the meat on medium until browned on the outside
- during that time you can cut the vegetables in small bites
- add the green curry paste, cook with the meat for 2-3 minutes until it smells like curry 🙂
- add the coconut milk (2/3 of the can diluted with ⅓ of the water), the liquid should cover all the veggies and meat, add water if it's not enough
- reduce the heat and let simmer for at least one hour if your using pork or less if the meat is precooked ( but me careful the vegetables need 45min to cook)
- when the dish is ready, the meat is soft and the veggies also, add the ⅓ of the coconut milk that was left in the can , add a handful of coriander leaves
- serve with rice and enjoy
One Reply to “Thai green curry”
Thai curry is my favorite type of curry out there! This looks super good! This looks delicious! 😀