The weekend is already over and I am sad I need to get up so early tomorrow morning. Since 3 weeks now I started rotations in the dermatology ward of a Parisan hospital and it is really exhausting.My week-end was pretty random and very quick since I had to work at the hospital on saturday morning. Saturday afternoon I napped and tryed to study, but wasn’t succesful at all. Instead , I made blinis for the halloween party I attended on saturday night ! Seems like I always have time to cook when I don’t want to study :). And Sunday was spent relaxing and chilling.
On saturday I made blinis for a potluck party. Blinis are small salty pancakes and they come from Russia. I make them a lot for parties because they are perfect to be spreaded with all kinds of good stuff : hummus, tzatziki and any kind of delicious and healthy dip!This recipe is very easy to make and you don’t need a lot of ingredients to put this together! All you need is a pan, a greek yogurt, some flour and eggs.
For more fun, I like to make them two ways. I use buckwheat flour and spelt flour ( but those work great with whole wheat flour). Using these two flours makes coloured blinis which is beautiful to look at. I like to spread the blinis with tzatziki or with philadelphia and smoked salmon. But you can use all kinds of spreads on them.
- 2 Greek yogurts
- 2 spelt-flour or whole-wheat flour or buckwheat flour yogurt pots
- 2 eggs
- 5g of baking soda
- Open the greek yogurts and put them in a bowl
- Keep the yogurt pot , clean it, you will use it as a mesurement cup for the flour
- Mesure two pots of flour, mix the yogurt and the flour
- add the two eggs and the baking powder mix well
- Put in the fridge to rest for one hour
- After one hour, take the bowl out of the fridge , the dough should have formed little bubbles ,this is normal and means the baking soda is doing its action
- Heat a pan and take a spoon
- Take a spoon of dough and put it in the pan , the little pancake should be the size of a small cookie. Normally you can cook several little blinis in one pan
- After one minute or so, little bubbles appear on the cooking blini, its time to turn it on the other side
- Turn it on the other side and let cook for 20 sec ,put on the side to cool
- Repeat the cooking until the dough is finished
- Wait for the blinis to be cool
- Spread them with whatever you would like!